Technical Strategist and Business Success Coach
Heather Bond is a business coach; facilitator, technical strategist and online/digital marketing expert who loves helping others develop effective business strategies. With a background in Software development, and Consultancy, she works at the interface of technology and psychology and is an expert in Neurolinguistic Programming – a technique for accelerated learning which she uses to support her clients to get amazing results, while designing the lives and business they truly want. She has a toolbox of resources she uses to keep clients on track, while challenging them to breakthrough to the next level of success.
She is a certified Business, Executive and Organisational Development Coach, Trainer of NLP and NLP Coaching and qualified/experienced software engineer/professional services director.
Heather and her company, Taking Your Business Online are based in Northumberland, United Kingdom and serve a local and global clientele
Heather Bond – My Story
I returned to Northumberland almost 25 years to the day, after many adventures around the country and around the world.
My consultancy, coaching and training work has taken me to the US, to South Africa, to Australia, to India and more. From trainee to Senior Manager, I feel truly blessed to have learned from, and experienced a range of business cultures while living in fabulous places and having met amazing people.
I also spent time (10 years +) in and around London working with Small and Medium businesses as well as big Corporate names. Non of that really prepared me for returning home to Northumberland to care for my seriously ill parents until their deaths.
What did prepare me? Life experience and the tools, understanding and self-awareness gained through my journey with NLP and Personal development.
So here I am in a very blessed position of starting over with bag loads of knowledge and experience, bucket loads of Emotional Intelligence and Resilience, and a great network of support ready for my new adventure – Business Growth Northumberland and Taking Your Business Online.
“The insight given by you was amazing…The most important part was my product which I was stuck all the while…..precisely 10 plus years.
Now the product is taking shape. I have clarity as to what i should sell and to whom!”
Why Work With Me?
My goal is to support businesses to fulfil their potential, grow beyond their goals and for business owners to succeed in creating the life, legacy, purpose they went into business for.
So what’s on offer?
There is a Business Growth Resource area on the website which provides Checklists, ‘How-To’ Guides, FAQ’s, and a range of Templates that cover Product Creation, Sales, Customer Service, Social Media and more. The majority of these are free to use and are aimed at making your life easier.
Funding for Services
We are a NBSL approved service provider which means… You could access up to 35% funding for business improvement projects costing between £3,000 and £8,000 (maximum grant of £2,800) – you can use the grant for almost any type of business support that will help your business to grow – from marketing and web design to financial or human resources planning.
I offer a range of Business Support Services which you can choose to take advantage of. These include:
- Support Saturdays – dedicated ‘catch-up’ days either in my office or online (1 per month)
- Bi-weekly scrum – online for businesses that opt-in
- Weekly Group FAQ Meeting – online using Zoom
- Group Coaching – bi-weekly to help out any businesses that are grappling with a problem
- Group Tech Training – bi-weekly to address any pressing technical challenges
- MBTI Analysis – Myers Briggs Type Indicator Analysis – to help you understand why you respond the way you do and how to use this insight to support your success. I completed mine again very recently and it was truly enlightening and very beneficial. This is a service offered by a very experienced associate.
- Bi- Monthly Mindset for Success Calls – where I share Personal Development and NLP tips, Insights and techniques that can benefit you in creating the success you want. There will also be interviews with inspiring entrepreneurs who have been there and done it.
- Full annual access to Business Supporting Software: a living business plan that links to your financial package, Social Media Management Software and training and a business support suite that includes CRM/Project Management/HR/Customer Service/Product Creation and more.
I have pulled together years of business training courses that I’ve written and delivered, and updated them to hopefully achieve currency, value and entertainment, to keep you interested and inspired as you learn.
Primary subjects are:
- Strategy and Planning to Success
- Productivity/Time Management/Effectiveness Techniques
- Business Growth and Profit
- Getting Good Customers and Keeping Good Customers
- Networking for Success
- Streamlining Your Business – Quality, Systems and Processes for Profit
- Technology to Support Your Business and more…
Taking Your Business Online
Social and Digital topics are covered here at the Taking Your Business Online website, which focuses heavily on your Internet and digital strategy, planning, branding and content creation, as well as the ‘how to’ of Social, Digital, Mobile and voice.
I offer Social/Digital Strategy Mapping sessions which create a visual plan for your business that aligns with your brand message, values and objectives and creates a map of your journey for a year + ahead.
Quarterly Strategy Retreat Space
This is your opportunity to get away from the office and all interruptions and attend Strategy and Planning Retreat Spaces with like minded, local entrepreneurs.
These are days focused on you and your business, reviewing the past quarter and planning the next.
These provide the opportunity for networking, Open Space sessions, group coaching and mastermind sessions, as well as ample time for you to step back, review your progress to date and map your plan for the next quarter.
In November each year I offer a 4 day retreat to a villa in Spain for up to 10 businesses who want a deep dive into creating their strategy for the coming year, while grabbing some winter sun.
Qualifications & Experience
Here are details of some of my qualifications and experience.
- Trainer of NLP and NLP Coaching
- Trainer of Time Line Techniques
- Professional Diploma in Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computing for Commerce and Industry
- Software Engineer
- Social and Digital Media
- Business Strategy and Planning
- Business and Executive Coach
- Web Design
- Project Management including Agile
- Technical Training developer and Delivery
- Soft skills and personal development, design and delivery
- Life Coach
- NLP Training
- Open University Alumni
- North East Chamber of Commerce
Books & Publications
Here are details of my latest E-books and Publications
The Story Finder Process
This is a book about you. About finding out what works for you and defining your business and lifestyle around who you are.
Once you’ve completed this workbook you will have a foundation for your business, marketing and social/digital content.
Marketing, Sales and Customer Service
Get great Customers, Keep Great Customers
A guide to attracting and retaining the customers you want to work with, on and offline, in the digital age.
Introduction to Digital Business
7 Steps to Taking Your Business Online
In a world that is changing quickly and where there is an information, cultural, technological and entrepreneurial revolution taking place, it is easy to get caught in the overwhelm, the panic, the scramble to get your business online. It’s easy to get online as something you ’should’ do rather than looking at it as a strategic move to grow and build your business.
I have learned from my mistakes and I produced this e-book to help you avoid the long path that I have taken to getting my business online and learning to use Mobile and Social Media to support my business and sales.